Enabling Group

This page shows what the Enabling Group is working on.  It is public for transparency.  There is also a googledoc that the EG can edit.  Contacts List: You need to be on the Enabling Group and to have a google account to be able to see this, for privacy reasons.

Dates

25 MAY 2022, WED 7:30 – 8:30pm: CTSA Enabling Group

 3 JUN 2022, FRI 8 – 9pm: CTSA 24HP Opening Prayers – Night prayer in the Abbey

4 JUN 2022, SAT 7 – 8pm: CTSA 24HP Closing Prayers

 27 JUN 2022, Mon 8 – 9:30pm TB C  CTSA Summer Forum

11th SEPT TBC Prayer Walk

28 SEPT 2022, WED 7:30 – 8:30pm CTSA Enabling Group

26  OCT 2022, WED 8 – 9pm: CTSA Autumn Forum – Live Simply

23 NOV 2022, WED 7:30 – 8:30pm

 

Enabling Group Meeting Wed March 9th at 8:00pm on Zoom

Present: Peter, David, Mike: Apologies: Joanna, Pam, Gill, Maggie.   Joanna could not get on to Zoom.

Meeting began and ended with prayers for Ukraine & EG members

Actions – from meeting and later

  • Refugees
    • Peter was approached by Cllr Robert Donald to look at how CTSA could be involved.  Lots of possibilities but currently government policy is holding things back
    • Bikes for the Noke – Peter has been talking to Terasa Clarke.  120 refugees at The Noke Hotel, Chiswell Green need 10 bikes.  We think we can get 10 second hand plus people to make them roadworthy.  Critical path is The Noke getting a bike shelter.  Bikes don’t need to be bought we think but money may be needed for sundries – helmets, locks etc.  Refugees may need training in Highway Code etc.
    • Peter is emailing churches, putting up web pages – done and liaising with Teresa – continues
    • Peter is talking to Herts Welcomes Refugees, Caritas, the Cathedral and Teresa Clarke amongst others – done and continuing
  • Summer Forum
    • Keep with History?  _ We think we need to concentrate on refugees and have an earlier forum with experts and brainstorming.  Peter to update leaflet – done
  • Autumn Forum
    • Live Simply has new urgency
    • Food, Repairs, Saving Energy, Surviving
  • Leaflets
    • Peter will bike to Ashley FAO Mike – doneDavid will deliver to Vineyard.
  • Communications
    • WhatsApp Group a good idea but need to get Joanna on somehow.  Please give Peter your mobile number if you would like to be on the chat. – done – thanks
    • Put more stuff (like this) on EG web page.  First name only.  Peter to update EG page done
    • Pages for others eg Noke Bikes – Peter to give Teresa Clarke Contributor role so she can update a Noke Bikes post. – done.
    • Website – because things are changing so fast we need to get people to look at our website more.  Peter to run analytics as to who is linking to our site – running
    • In the light of fast changing circumstances we thought we needed more,  and short, come-if-you-can  EG meetings.  Next meeting will still be 23rd March 7:30 on Zoom

About the Enabling Group

The enabling group runs CTSA, facilitating events and other actions.  Members are elected at the AGM, and new talent is always welcome.  The enabling group  cannot , of course, be the only people who make CTSA things happen: everyone needs to help!

The enabling group should have new people joining and longer serving people leaving, so as to keep us from going stale.   If you would like to join, contact me!  People can be co-opted onto the enabling group at any time.  Members are there for their wisdom and practical help where they feel able.

There are about 4 Enabling Group meetings a year and these will be held over Zoom, though after lock-down, we will occasionally meet face to face.  We aim to keep meetings under 90 mins long and they are often shorter.   Enabling Group members may not be able to get to all these meetings but should try to get to most.

Enabling Group member should also try to attend EG meetings,  the AGM and the service of prayer for Christian unity.  Attendance at other CTSA events is helpful but not absolutely essential.

Email: peter (at) ctstalbans.org.uk

Current enabling group members 

Mike Elliott Ashley Church  
 Peter Berners- Lee  Ss Alban & Stephen (RC) Convener
 Gill Elliott  Trinity Church (URC)  
 Pam McElroy  St Mary’s Marshalswick (C of E)  
 Susan Devi  Hatfield Road Methodist Church  
 Joanna Field  St Julian’s (C of E) Secretary
David Markham Ss Alban & Stephen (RC) Treasurer
Maggie Dodd St Julian’s (C of E)  

Minutes of AGM 2022

Present: Peter Berners-Lee (Convener) Joanna Field (Secretary) Gill Elliott, Susan Devi, David Markham, Maggie Dodd and about 15 others.  Apologies from Mike Elliot, John Hardaker and Simon Carver.

The meeting opened with Psalm 30 followed by a prayer for Ukraine.

  •         The minutes of the 2021 AGM were accepted.
  •         David Markham as Treasurer presented the accounts via PowerPoint with copies available on the website.  The accounts were accepted.
  •         Peter as Convener gave a summary of the past year and a look ahead to the coming year.
  •         Gill Elliott, David Markham and Mike Elliott were all unanimously re-elected onto the Enabling Group
  •         Maggie Dodd was unanimously elected on to the Enabling Group.  Welcome Maggie!
  •         The AGM was followed by a lively forum on “What is the Spirit saying to the churches”.  This included input emailed by some who could not attend.

The evening ended shortly after 9pm with the Nunc Dimittis and further prayer for Ukraine.


Top